Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tour of Ohio Stage 1

After a long week in California I flew back into Columbus on Sunday and got in about 1 am... and Stage 1 was set for Monday evening.. ouch... 127 riders this year for Tour of Ohio and A&F was fielding 9. The 1st stage was a tight 1K 8 corner course.. sweet! My favorite. The legs were a bit rough from all the traveling and the long flight. We basically dominated the race and everyone rode super aggressive which was our plan. There were 3 sprints for the sprint jersey and we set them up nicely with Hekman winning all 3 of them and I got 2nd in 2 of them... in the end no one could get away so the boyz lined it up for yours truly... Josh did the last big dig for a couple laps and then Hekman took over with me in tow and about a half lap to go. Out of the last corner I kicked around him and won with Hek holding on for 2nd... YEAH! Good start. I also pulled on the yellow jersey as the leader and Hek has the green jersey. Today is a tougher road race with a couple good hills in it.. should be interesting.

Hek and me coming to the line











No comments: