Sunday, August 12, 2007

Inches!!!!!!

This weekend was the richest amateur race of the year in Elk Grove just outside of Chicago. While the pro's had a 3 day stage race for big money we got a nice 60k crit with $17,000 up for grabs. This is a nice tune up before nationals as pretty much the same guys will be there... A few teams missing but pretty much everyone turned up in numbers for this one. We only entered 5 guys as the travel was a bit much with nationals in the same spot next weekend. So it was myself, R2, kiwi, Frankie D, Gammer, and Ian. My legs have been mint the past couple of weeks which made Charlotte even more frustrating but I'm over it... So I told the team they needed to look to me today... We wanted to place myself or Frankie in a break or set me up for a field sprint. The weather was ridiculously hot and humid again and the race was quick from the get go.. Frankie pretty much went with everything trying to make the move but with 7 $500 primes up for grabs nothing went anywhere. I tried my legs out a few laps in and I was going good winning a $500 prime by 5 bike lengths.... It was tough to recover in the heat and you payed for anything you did.... but another 5 laps went by and my $500 prime needed a friend.. so I opened it up again winning my 2nd $500 prime.. cha ching! I tried to relax and look after myself for the finish after I was a G up... and with 5 laps to go on the 2.3 mile circuit I parked myself in the top 5.... It was super sketchy and we could not get the team together so I was on my own to free-lance off of everyone else's trains... I just bounced around from train to train holding my position. Priority Health put in the last big dig and the sprint was crazy... The finish came a little quicker this time and I left it a hair late... but passed 5 guys in the last 200 meters and came even with one guy at the line. We both threw our bikes and it was too close to tell... but in the end I came up short losing by inches... DAMN! So all in all it was a success and the legs are going good with only a week till nationals. Guess banking $3,000 in an hour and 15 minutes wasn't bad either:-)...with no race on Sunday for once I jetted home and Tara and I are spending some much needed down time chilling by our pool and enjoying the nice weather (and possibly a few pina coladas)... next up.. Elite National Criterium Championships... lets do work!

me just chillin..

Frankie D doing his thing....




3 comments:

FstrBlly said...

Dude! I totally forgot that 'hot legs' is on your team! HA!! HA!!!

Unknown said...

nike roshe run, louis vuitton outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, nike free, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, uggs on sale, tory burch outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, sac longchamp, replica watches, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin shoes, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, nike free, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry, air max, ugg boots, louboutin pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, replica watches, longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, prada handbags, nike air max, gucci outlet, air jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, longchamp pas cher, oakley sunglasses, louboutin outlet, tiffany and co

Unknown said...

supra shoes, pandora charms, canada goose, canada goose, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, canada goose, wedding dresses, sac louis vuitton pas cher, ugg boots uk, moncler, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, swarovski, louis vuitton, moncler, moncler outlet, coach outlet, links of london, juicy couture outlet, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, karen millen, moncler, doudoune canada goose, marc jacobs, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, hollister, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, montre pas cher, canada goose outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, moncler, ugg pas cher, bottes ugg, moncler, toms shoes, moncler, canada goose, replica watches, thomas sabo