Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tour of Somerville

Last weekend was a bit of a nightmare as the 2nd stop in the US Crit Series was the Tour of Somerville in New Jersey. We were to do a bit of a warm up race on Sunday to open the legs up for Monday's big race but as we arrived we shortly found out we were not registered. To make it worse the race is full. No race for us. Later that day Josh and I went training to get the legs loose and the good luck continued as my rear derailleur decided to wrap itself around my cassette completely bending. GREAT! The big race finally rolls around on Monday and my warm up consisted of trying to convince the Mavic pit guys to change out my derailleur instead of ride a pit bike.. finally they swap one off one of their bikes (thanks Justin!) and I am off to race. Nothing real exciting as after my call up before the race I went straight to the back to chill for a bit. My bike didn't work so hot so my race didn't fair to well.. I tried to help Mark as much as possible at the end but my gears were all over the place and I wasn't much help. He finished 11th holding onto his lead overall and Rich and Gavic both rolled top 25. So not a bad for the team but a terrible day for me as I was 40something... gay. The only good thing is Tara got to travel with me and meet some of my family for the 1st time. So with the bad weekend behind me I was home for a couple days and its on a plane tomorrow to CSC Invitational for the 3rd race in the US Crit Series. Mark is in 1st, I'm in 15th and we are 2nd in the team GC only behind AEG Toshiba. This weekend is pretty cool as they only invited 8 amateurs in the country to participate on an all-star amateur team and me and mark are on it. This is a tough race with tons of hitters but looking forward to throwing down. Hopefully things will roll better this weekend. till then! m@

No comments: